How to Get Better Grades Faster
Very often, students who have excellent academic achievements not only study, study, and study but they know how to manage their time properly and are aware of some effective study strategies.
According to popular belief, there are three categories of students:
- 1) those who perform exceptionally well in all subjects;
- 2) those who are good at several subjects;
- 3) those who constantly struggle with their studying.
As a matter of fact, it has been scientifically proven that there exist particular strategies that help one succeed in studying and get better grades faster.
Check them out:
1. Set yourself S.M.A.R.T. goals. Can goals be smart? How to know which of them are smart and which are don’t? If you are at a dead end with such questions in mind, then you definitely need to read this article about developing effective study skills.
Actually, S.M.A.R.T. goals are those that are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound. If you have some goal in life, please analyze it (or them) according to such criteria. Then it will definitely be easier to find the right path towards it (them) and find the most appropriate study skills activities.
2. Follow the Pareto principle. According to this principle, you can get high grades while studying less. As you see, developing effective study skills really saves your time. The rule says that 80% of your success comes from 20% of your efforts. An important thing here is that you need to study not more but more efficiently and effectively.
3. Use your memory to the fullest. If you think that you aren’t endowed with a brilliant memory, do not get disappointed. You can always develop your memory skills. Such study skills activities as mnemonics technique can surely improve your memory and reveal all its hidden potential. The most important thing is not to have a brilliant memory but to have brilliant memory skills. A person having a good memory may not know how to properly use it – that’s the problem.
So, as you see, it is perfectly possible to get better grades in a shorter period of time. If you want to achieve excellent academic performance, it does not mean that you need to study all day and all night long.
The most important thing is to come up with effective strategies and apply them in practice. Good luck!